Associate Director, Corporate Development Program ManagementAugust 30, 2021 2021-09-07 20:42
Website PEAR THERAPEUTICS
About Pear Therapeutics
Pear Therapeutics is the leader in prescription digital therapeutics. We aim to redefine medicine by discovering, developing, and delivering clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. Pear has a pipeline of products and product candidates across therapeutic areas, including severe psychiatric and neurological conditions. Our first product, reSET®, treats Substance Use Disorder and was the first prescription digital therapeutic to receive marketing authorization from the FDA to treat disease. Pear’s second product, reSET-O®, for the treatment of Opioid Use Disorder, received marketing clearance from the FDA in December 2018. Pear’s third PDT, Somryst®, is the first FDA-authorized prescription digital therapeutic (PDT) for patients with chronic insomnia and the first product submitted through FDA’s traditional 510(k) pathway while simultaneously reviewed through FDA’s Software Precertification Pilot Program. For more information, visit us at www.peartherapeutics.com.
About the Team
Pear’s Corporate Development team is tasked with identifying, analyzing, evaluating, and executing strategic partnerships and acquisitions that grow the company. The group is responsible for both inbound and outbound transactional activity. We seek to do value-creative deals that build Pear’s revenue opportunities and bring Prescription Digital Therapeutics (PDTs) to more patients faster.
Our near-term focus includes building Pear’s portfolio of collaborations with large life science companies for pipeline partnerships and international opportunities. We also are responsible for buy-side transactions, identifying and evaluating assets to select those that will add the most value for Pear and the patients we serve.
For both outbound and inbound deals, we coordinate cross-functional teams to perform thorough due diligence and inform executive decisions.
What you’ll do
You will serve as the cross functional lead across several high priority initiatives within the Corporate Development team. Responsibilities include:
- Lead early discovery efforts for inbound assets within prioritized therapeutic areas to drive value for Pear. This involves four core responsibilities:
- Lead a cross functional team to define and execute the development plan to advance several assets through the POC stage (with internal and external resources)
- As the leader ensure critical pathway is defined and necessary documentation is generated to optimize the process for subsequent assets
- As the leader ensure objectives are translated into clear execution activities for the cross functional team and ensure aligned execution (with internal and external stakeholders)
- Lead through ambiguity, driving prioritization and investment decision making to maximize value creation, proactively identifying risks, and defining effective mitigation strategies for team execution
- Lead external platform discussions for the commercial platform to support definition and implementation for external partners to integrate with Pear’s commercial infrastructure. This involves three core responsibilities:
- Lead a cross functional team to discuss external commercial platform opportunities for success with multiple partners
- As the leader ensure the process and objectives are translated into clear execution activities for the cross functional team and ensure aligned execution (with internal and external stakeholders)
- Proactively identify risks and define effective mitigation strategies for team execution
- Support international expansion for Pear’s commercial assets. This is opportunity dependent but involve understanding market needs and developing cross functional plans to clearly define the operating plan.
What you have
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree or above in either business administration, software engineering or hard sciences.
- At least 5 years of cross-functional team leadership (in industry or consulting), with an impeccable track record for working within high performance teams, leading through influence rather than authority, ensuring team alignment, driving team communications, and incorporating knowledge from multiple functional domains. Ideal candidates will have independently driven complex and ambiguous projects to completion in other organizations.
- At least 5 years of program management experience, with the demonstrated ability to manage complex delivery timelines, identify and mitigate risks, and resolve interdependencies. Ideally, experience in advancing a therapeutic or medical device through a development process that involves coordinating multiple functions.
- Experience in forecasting, business case development and decision analysis
- A background in life sciences, medical device, or software development (and preferably digital health)
- Experience in high performing and fast paced teams
- At least some familiarity with regulatory issues around therapeutics, and software as a medical device (including 21CFR part 820)
Skills & Approach
- An entrepreneurial mindset and interest in learning and solving complex challenges
- Strategic mindset coupled with a drive for action and execution — you thrive on being the bridge teams and moving initiatives forward
- An ability to quickly distill complex information into potential solutions and effectively communicating to diverse stakeholders (internal and external)
- A bias toward value-based decision making within a results-oriented and fast-paced environment
- An ability to thrive with ambiguity
- A keen ability to identify risks at an early stage and find creative solutions to ensure progress and success
- Exceptional influencing and stakeholder management experience under pressure – ideal candidates would have experience managing high-stakes external partnerships or major internal initiatives with successful outcomes
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills – able to produce board-level communication with minimal guidance
- Proven capability to balance multiple projects, deadlines, and requests with ease
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Pear Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, genetic information, qualified physical or mental disability or handicap, medical condition, qualified military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Pear Therapeutics also follows all applicable national, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absences, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job please visit peartherapeutics.com.