Backend Tech LeadAugust 30, 2021 2021-09-07 17:54
We are looking for a Backend Tech Lead to join our R&D team in developing the new rising product in the health landscape.
As a Tech Lead you will have an impact on how we build, scale and maintain our backend systems. You will drive and impact architecture, designs, execution, serve as a role model and provide mentorship to fellow team members, and support them in their professional growth.
Our ideal candidate has real passion for technology, has great communication skills and loves to constantly improve themselves, our working practices and code base.
This is a great opportunity to join the core team of a growing successful startup and work with the most advanced technologies.
- Lead the backend guild, mentor other engineers at Lumen, share knowledge internally and in the community (meetups, tech blog, etc)
- Lead/Participate in software design and architecture discussions
- Implement and own features; be involved and impact the entire application lifecycle
- Acquire in-depth understanding of our technical challenges and strive to improve them
- Be a multiplier and have a passion for team and team members’ success
- Be a vocal advocate for technical excellence and help the team members make sound decisions
- Work with product managers, data scientists and other developers to understand the desired requirements and provide your feedback to improve the features outcome
What we’re looking for
- 8+ years experience in server-side development
- Hands-on experience in Java or Kotlin and the JVM ecosystem
- Experience with DB design and query optimization (SQL – must, other – advantage)
- Solid experience in developing/maintaining using public cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience in creating system architecture designs and providing review/feedback on designs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Self driven with superior organizational and project management skills
- Ability to support/resolve production customer escalations with excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent practical experience – advantage
- Experience with Mobile development and/or Python – advantage
- Knowledge with nutrition/metabolism/health – advantage
To apply for this job please visit www.lumen.me.