Care Partner – NationwideAugust 30, 2021 2021-09-07 20:25
Website Mindstrong Health
Who is Mindstrong Health?
Mindstrong is reimagining how to care for people living with serious mental illness (SMI). We’re building a platform that breaks down access barriers, provides engaging clinical care, and empowers our members to take control of their wellbeing to live fuller lives. Behind all of that, we’re building a measurement-based set of tools that will fundamentally change the way those with mental illness manage their health.
As we set out to radically simplify mental healthcare, we know none of us can achieve this alone. We are building a team of diverse and compassionate individuals who are committed to move our mission forward. Within Mindstrong, we create the space for each of us to be our authentic selves. We see opportunity in every challenge; opportunity to learn, to innovate, to create change. We embrace the challenge of providing the best care experience possible for our members. Join us on this important journey!
What is the Care Partner Role?
The Care Partner is the central and primary point of contact for all members in the Mindstrong program. Reporting to the Manager, Care Partners, this role will guide members along their health journey with Mindstrong, providing coaching, care advocacy and unblocking barriers to increase engagement and promoting overall success and wellbeing.
The Care Partner helps coordinate the member’s care by triaging for additional health needs and making appropriate referrals to therapy and psychiatry. The Care Partner also monitors for social determinants that may affect the member’s overall health and connects members with the right external resources. Throughout the journey, the Care Partner helps members set, maintain, and achieve behavioral health goals for a better overall health outcome.
We are looking for enthusiastic, highly tech savvy, motivated and flexible individuals who demonstrate a high level of writing proficiency and professionalism. This is a full-time remote position with benefits.
What you’ll be doing:
- Orients and educates members through an initial intake explaining the role of the care partner; the value of Mindstrong; conducting a thorough needs assessment; initiating the care plan; providing educational information in conjunction with direct care providers related to treatments, procedures, medication and continuing care requirements.
- Interact regularly with your assigned members to assist them in constructing attainable goals, offer support and encouragement, track successes and setbacks, and provide resources, tips and strategies to facilitate ongoing progress.
- Documentation of services in an electronic health record within expected timeframes.
- Provide tech support, coordination with external providers, and may assist scheduling appointments.
- Ongoing collaboration with members and Mindstrong Health Clinical Team in the creation of member goals and management of health goals, including addressing issues related to social determinants of health.
- Review measurement-based care data to track progress, refer members to appropriate services, and to inform care.
- Proactive outreach to members to engage and connect them to appropriate services at the right time.
- Respects members by recognizing their rights; emphasizing self-determination and; maintaining confidentiality.
- Address member status changes in collaboration with the Mindstrong Health Clinical Team in a detailed, timely, and effective manner; communicate changes in Mindstrong Health service offerings and other care recommendations to members.
- Uphold company values and maintain a strong team dynamic including sharing your specific expertise with teammates.
- Effectively escalate care when a member requires a higher level of care.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Your background and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology-related field OR coaching certification from an accredited training program (as approved by the NBC-HWC) OR equivalent applicable work experience.
- Knowledge of coaching techniques such as Motivational Interviewing, goal setting, assessing stages of change/readiness, etc. is preferred.
- Familiarity, comfort and confidence with technology and start-up culture.
- **Tech- savviness is a must**
- Comfort and confidence navigating multiple applications such as, Google Suite, ZOOM, etc.
- Excess flexibility in dealing with changing demands and priorities of a start-up environment and the ability to handle ambiguity, change and highly fluid workflows.
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to pursue multiple priorities simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Maintain a strong sense of professionalism and maturity.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills and the ability to provide information in a clear and concise manner while conveying a warm and friendly tone.
- Experience working in community mental health and human services, case management, AOD, residential treatment settings, and research setting, etc. is a plus!
- Applicants being considered for hire must pass a scheduled background and drug test before beginning work. Your offer is contingent on passing this test. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
- A robust healthcare package, including Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, plus more!
- Wellness programs designed to help you stay financially, emotionally, and physically healthy!
- Savings through a company sponsored 401k plan
- We take self-care personally, we offer 11 paid holidays + Flexible PTO so you can create balance between work and play
- Flexible schedules – we’re all over the U.S., so we can flex schedules easily with core hours to ensure solid collaboration time and flex beyond that
Mindstrong is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All individuals seeking employment at Mindstrong are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Mindstrong also strives for a safe and robust workplace and prohibits harassment of any kind.
To apply for this job please visit mindstrong.com.