Corporate Account DirectorAugust 30, 2021 2021-09-07 17:31
Website PEAR THERAPEUTICS
About Pear Therapeutics:
Pear Therapeutics is the leader in prescription digital therapeutics. We aim to redefine medicine by discovering, developing, and delivering clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. Pear has a pipeline of products and product candidates across therapeutic areas, including severe psychiatric and neurological conditions. Our first product, reSET®, treats Substance Use Disorder and was the first prescription digital therapeutic to receive marketing authorization from the FDA to treat disease. Pear’s second product, reSET-O®, for the treatment of Opioid Use Disorder, received marketing clearance from the FDA in December 2018. Pear’s third PDT, Somryst®, is the first FDA-authorized prescription digital therapeutic (PDT) for patients with chronic insomnia and the first product submitted through FDA’s traditional 510(k) pathway while simultaneously reviewed through FDA’s Software Precertification Pilot Program
The Corporate Account Director (CAD) role is a highly visible and critically important position within the company. The primary accounts for this CAD role will be Express Scripts & Cigna along with regional accounts which share the platform. Pear CADs develop working relationships with key decision makers in formulary and medical management within designated target accounts to ensure patient access to Pear’s portfolio of products. These accounts may include National and Regional Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), Behavioral Health Organizations (BHOs) or other emerging channels, as appropriate. This individual will place themselves in a position to influence and educate the formulary, purchasing and/or reimbursement decision-making processes at all levels, including VP/Directors of Pharmacy, Medical, Clinical, Policy, and C-Suite executives. This position will be responsible for implementing the company’s strategic objectives and providing cross-functional leadership and collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders.
A critical success factor of this role will be partnering with the regional field team including RBD/PIM/MSL to optimally address regional market coverage and access issues for patients. This individual will serve as payer expert supporting regional and segment strategies. Comprehensive account management is expected through interactions within all business segments of the account, performing as the enterprise lead (e.g. C Suite, pharmacy, medical, & other departments). This individual will demonstrate specific competencies through influence selling, utilizing clinical knowledge and value propositions, health economic and real world evidence, marketing resources, executive level relationship building and leveraging and negotiating contracts which may include outcomes based rebates. In contract negotiations, this individual will demonstrate strong financial stewardship for the company. Additionally, this individual will be involved in high level, cross functional decisions working with Sales, Marketing, Contracting and other internal departments.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for optimum product coverage positioning within each targeted payer customer in assigned geography including: National and Regional Commercial Payers, PBM’s and other target accounts as defined by Pear market access leadership
- Build strong account relationships at all levels, including C-Suite executives, to enable sales growth of Pear’s novel prescription digital therapeutic (PDT) product portfolio
- Collaborate across all relevant business units within the organization to establish strategies and plans aligned with managed care execution of overall corporate strategy
- Support strategic plans with defined tactics and objectives to move payer decisions in a direction that continues to open access for the appropriate patients
- Be a trusted advisor and expert in Pear’s PDT portfolio and disease states with the ability to educate and ensure optimal pull-through effectiveness for access program offerings and workflow implementations
- Collaborate with Health Economics, RWE, Medical, Data Science and other commercial functional in the development, coordination and delivery of clinical presentations and PDT value propositions with the goal of ensuring appropriate access within national and regional payers
- Assess competitive market landscape and opportunities for improved or expanded market penetration and adoption
- Collaborate with Provider Sales organization to educate on regional access and coverage for Pear products in addition to helping resolve unique reimbursement challenges that may arise
- Implement and lead customer level strategic plans that are aligned with the brand strategy
- Negotiate agreements as needed with customers demonstrating corporate financial stewardship
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the managed markets landscape, customers, reimbursement, healthcare and digital trends. Effectively communicate this knowledge to Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs and other core cross functional teams
- Demonstrate interpersonal skillfulness that fortifies working relationships with Sales, Marketing, Contracting, Medical Affairs and other key departments to ensure adoption and execution of overall strategic plan and exceeding sales targets
- Develop, implement and lead pull-through field plans to maximize product growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Business, Marketing or related technical field is required
- 8+ years of pharmaceutical, medical device or payer industry experience in sales, marketing, managed care, contracting or other relevant commercial function
- National Account Management experience, including proven market access success and current organizational agility with Express Scripts/ESI and Cigna and/or OptumRx and United Healthcare, is required. Regional account management experience is preferred; medical device experience and/or people management experience is an additional plus
- Proven ability to work independently, adhere to specific timelines and execute on business plan initiatives
- Strong account management skill set with extensive experience in strategic and tactical planning, execution and negotiation skills with proven track record of success
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills with a demonstrated track record leading highly matrixed, cross-functional work teams comprised of high-level managers and executives
- Able to effectively manage competing priorities with strong sense of urgency and work ethic
- Innovative thinker with an understanding of legal / regulatory environment
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast paced environment utilizing decision making skills to interpret the business quickly and pave new pathways
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Up to 50% travel required
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date, and must remain fully vaccinated throughout employment, including receipt of booster doses as recommended by federal, state, and/or local health authorities, unless an accommodation is granted by Pear for medical or religious reasons in accordance with applicable law.
- Integrity and trust
- Transparency and collaboration
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Pear Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, genetic information, qualified physical or mental disability or handicap, medical condition, qualified military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Pear Therapeutics also follows all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absences, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit peartherapeutics.com.