Data ScientistAugust 30, 2021 2021-09-07 17:04
Website Akili Interactive Labs
We are looking for someone to help us successfully launch the first ever FDA-approved video game to treat ADHD (first ever FDA-approved video game to treat anything, actually!) and change the future of medicine forever. As a Data Scientist on the Applied Data Team, you will apply statistical methods and develop machine learning models aimed to increase product traction, grow our user base and optimize product development processes.
- Partner with stakeholders in product, marketing, science and other functions to understand business needs and align on highest priority problems to tackle
- Develop algorithms and predictive models to solve critical digital health business problems (e.g. predicting conversion, churn, and retention)
- Own analysis/modeling projects from inception to production: collect/query data, extract features, build/evaluate models, optimize for production, rinse and repeat
- Clearly present analysis/modeling results to key stakeholders
- Develop tools/libraries to generate efficiencies for future work
- Help establish a culture of experimentation and learning by helping teams to design efficient and informative experiments
- Degree in quantitative discipline (computer science/engineering, mathematics, statistics, computational psychology/neuroscience)
- 2+ years of relevant experience applying statistical/machine learning methods to large datasets in an industry setting
- 1+ years working with app usage and telemetry data, preferably at a digital health company
- Highly proficient in statistical/machine learning concepts including linear/logistic classification/regression, tree-based methods (decision trees, random forests), time series modeling, clustering, dimensionality reduction, and simulation-based approaches Bonus: Bayesian methods, anomaly detection and reinforcement learning
- Highly proficient with Python (preferred) and/or R
- Knowledge and experience with SQL
- Knowledge and experience with software version control (e.g. git), containers (e.g. docker) and cloud computing environments (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud)
- Knowledge and experience with distributed computing (e.g. Spark)
- Experience with A/B testing (bonus for more complex experimentation paradigms)
- Experience distilling and communicating complex ideas to broader audiences
- Domain knowledge of cognitive psychology/neuroscience a plus
At Akili Interactive, our mission is to ignite new hope for those living with cognitive impairment. We’re bringing together world-class neuroscience with the latest technology and video game entertainment to create a new class of digital medicines, delivered through captivating video game experiences. We are out to prove that effective medicine for serious illnesses can also be fun and engaging.
Our flagship product, EndeavorRx, is the first ever FDA-cleared prescription treatment delivered through a video game to treat children living with ADHD. This is only the beginning, as we continue to boldly challenge the status quo of today’s medicine.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are incredibly important to all of us. We are committed to hearing all voices. Akili Interactive provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
To apply for this job please visit www.akiliinteractive.com.