Director of Game DevelopmentAugust 30, 2021 2021-09-07 17:17
Website Akili Interactive Labs
Akili is looking for a studio-wide Executive Producer of Game Development to lead our growing game teams and expanding portfolio. This is a unique opportunity to join Akili in developing first of their kind, innovative digital therapeutics that combine the scientific rigor and validation of the scientific/medical industry, with the engagement of entertaining consumer quality video games and user experiences.
As Executive Producer of Game Development, and a key member of our leadership team, working in close partnership with the Director of Product Management, Lead Designer, and the game team(s), you will be the operational, strategic, and creative steward for our flagship pediatric ADHD Product, EndeavorRx, as well as oversee the expansion and development best practices across our growing portfolio of therapeutic game products. You’ll lead, and grow our internal team of designers and artists, as well as help us expand our development capabilities through partnerships and outsourcing. This role reports to the Chief Creative Officer.
We are looking for an individual with the ability to establish a strong and clear vision for our game development strategy and creative processes within a highly collaborative environment that spans a wide range of stakeholders across the company including Science, Data, Engineering, Quality/Regulatory and User Research.
- Partnered with the Director of Product Management, and Lead Designer, responsible for our game portfolios quality, consistency, and continued engagement over time, while meeting the business needs of the company
- Serve as the driver, advocate, and collaborative arbiter for the creative teams
- Supporting the game teams to establish and hit quality targets, keeping to the product vision, and achieving stakeholder alignment
- Balancing creativity with detail-oriented, analytical decision making, and data driven insights
- Lead a scalable, agile game team, conscious of constraints, while inspiring and pushing responsibly for quality
- Represent a strong voice for the game development process, while being highly adaptable and eager to deeply learn the unique requirements of our business
- Build and maintain a creative environment, resolve team challenges, serve as custodian of team health, and foster a culture of success and inclusion
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years’ relevant experience
- 10+ years gaming industry experience, and a stellar track record of delivering vision, quality, and product success on market
- Strong understanding of mobile, and console game development, agile, and overall game execution
- Experience developing and maintaining mobile “live-ops/game as a service” products throughout their lifespan
- An insatiable appetite for learning, and adaptability
- Shipped at least 5 game products, from start to finish, and at least 1 title at Director/Project Lead level
- Extraordinary communication skills, and ability to work effectively with disciplines outside of your wheelhouse
- As the Internal and external “voice” for our game products and teams, public speaking skills are a must. (game demos, public relations, conferences etc.)
It’s Great If You Also Have
- Background working in the medical or scientific fields (behavioral psychology, medical device, games for health etc)
- Experience working with both internal and external development teams
- Experience working on non-game mobile applications
- Experience with consumer/user research and insights groups
- Experience with data science and gameplay optimization analytics
- Product Management, Executive Producer, or Creative Director experience
- Knowledge of engineering best practices
- Experience working in a regulatory environment (Fintech, medical etc)
At Akili Interactive, our mission is to ignite new hope for those living with cognitive impairment. We’re bringing together world-class neuroscience with the latest technology and video game entertainment to create a new class of digital medicines, delivered through captivating video game experiences. We are out to prove that effective medicine for serious illnesses can also be fun and engaging.
Our flagship product, EndeavorRx, is the first ever FDA-cleared prescription treatment delivered through a video game to treat children living with ADHD. This is only the beginning, as we continue to boldly challenge the status quo of today’s medicine.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are incredibly important to all of us. We are committed to hearing all voices. Akili Interactive provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
To apply for this job please visit www.akiliinteractive.com.