Director, Product Development OperationsAugust 30, 2021 2021-09-07 17:22
Website PEAR THERAPEUTICS
About Pear Therapeutics
Pear Therapeutics is the leader in prescription digital therapeutics. We aim to redefine medicine by discovering, developing, and delivering clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. Pear has a pipeline of products and product candidates across therapeutic areas, including severe psychiatric and neurological conditions. Our first product, reSET®, treats substance use disorder and was the first prescription digital therapeutic to receive marketing authorization from the FDA to treat disease. Pear’s second product, reSET-O®, for the treatment of Opioid Use Disorder, received marketing clearance from the FDA in December 2018. Pear’s third PDT, Somryst®, is the first FDA-authorized prescription digital therapeutic (PDT) for patients with chronic insomnia and the first product submitted through FDA’s traditional 510(k) pathway while simultaneously reviewed through FDA’s Software Precertification Pilot Program. For more information, visit us at www.peartherapeutics.com.
About the Teams
The Product Development (PD) team reports to the Chief Product Development Officer, and consists of Portfolio and Program Management, Product Management, Design, User Research, and Software Engineering.
The Director of Product Development Operations will play a significant leadership role in planning, strategy, and communications for our PD leadership team, and be responsible for driving business operational processes and mission-critical programs for the PD team. In addition, you will understand the strategic direction of the organization, and will be added to the most critical initiatives of PD as an integral member of the PD leadership team.
What you’ll do
- Enable data driven decisions and increasing the efficiency and velocity of the PD team through holistic PD metrics reporting, analysis of those metrics to identify initiatives or tools necessary to improve outcomes and support scale, and driving those initiatives or tools projects to completion
- Build deep collaboration, disrupt silos, and promote transparency by connecting people, managing cross-team dynamics, and partnering with other functional leads to ensure the Product Development organization is operating effectively at all levels
- Foster outstanding internal and external transparency around our evolving initiatives, bringing together the software development and cross-functional views of execution. Maintain robust inbound and outbound communications between stakeholders and the PD teams while adding value by connecting the dots across initiatives and teams
- Manage key events for the CPDO and PD leadership team such as functional goals/OKRs (in partnership with the VP of Portfolio Management), budgeting and forecasting, and support for offsite meetings.
- Improve existing processes and develop new mechanisms to scale the way we plan and deliver for Product Development as we grow the company. Manage and drive operational initiatives across the business by keeping the organization on track
- Partner with the Technical Program Management and Portfolio teams to validate resources and capacity planning inputs and output
- 8+ years in software engineering, consulting, or technical program management.
- Strong communication and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with modern productivity tools is critical (O365, Google Docs, Confluence, etc.).
- At least 5 years of cross-functional team leadership (in industry or consulting), with an impeccable track record for leading through influence rather than authority, ensuring team alignment, driving team communications, and incorporating knowledge from multiple functional domains.
- A background in life sciences, medical device, or software development
- Career history that illustrates your ability to come up quickly on new, diverse domains
- Strong database, spreadsheet, and reporting skills are also a must
Skills & Approach
- A low ego, entrepreneurial mindset, and healthy sense of humor
- Strategic mindset coupled with a drive for execution — you thrive on being the bridge between business needs and technology plans, and with moving the team forward
- A knack for quickly distilling complex information into potential solutions and effectively communicating to diverse stakeholders
- An ability to see ambiguity as a fun challenge, not a rate limiter
- Results-oriented and fast-paced
- A keen nose for risk, ability to flag early, and open mind for creative solutions to ensure program success
- Strong intuition for how to communicate to diverse audiences, whether it’s a team, the wider company, end users, partners, etc.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills – able to produce board-level communication with minimal guidance
- Proven capability to balance multiple projects, deadlines, and requests with ease
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Pear Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, genetic information, qualified physical or mental disability or handicap, medical condition, qualified military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Pear Therapeutics also follows all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absences, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit peartherapeutics.com.