General CounselAugust 30, 2021 2021-09-07 16:03
Website Alma Health
At Alma, we’re making it easier for consumers to access high-quality, affordable mental health care by supporting providers in building thriving private practices. We believe that when therapists have better resources, they’re able to provide better care to their clients. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Our consumer experience is designed to empower people in their search for mental health care, offering multiple pathways and individualized support, if and when someone needs it. We’ve raised funding from incredible investors like Insight Partners, Tusk, Primary, Optum Ventures, and First Round and were named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Health in 2020.
We’re looking for a General Counsel to join our quickly scaling team. As the first member of the legal team, you’ll advise Alma on a broad range of matters including corporate development, healthcare regulation and compliance, and commercial contracts. You will partner closely with the CFO and internal clients at all levels of leadership to assess legal and business risks and make sound decisions under tight deadlines.
The ideal candidate is not only excited about building a new function at a high growth startup, but also feels strongly about building relationships across the business.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and scale the legal function
- Provide legal expertise primarily in corporate development and governance and healthcare regulation and compliance
- Assist the company in legal matters involving employment matters, privacy and data security and commercial contracts
- Establish role as trusted advisor across all teams and leadership
- Provide legal and strategic advice to ensure agreements are consistent with policies and process and identify areas of potential risk
- Develop a vision for the legal team and organization as we grow and scale nationally
- Analyze risk-management, technical, professional, regulatory, or legal standards and publications, distilling insights into actions
- Own and manage relationships with outside counsel
Who you are:
- You have a JD degree from a U.S. accredited law school and admission
- You may have worked in healthcare/telehealth
- You have ideally 6+ years experience practicing law at an established law firm or in-house healthcare start-up
- You have excellent drafting and negotiating skills
- You possess a desire to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to think strategically and adapt to change
- You have advised and collaborated with team members at all levels of an organization and across functions
- You are a strong project manager who can keep track of multiple ongoing conversations and relationships and meticulously document
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.