Head of Payer SalesAugust 30, 2021 2021-09-07 16:08
Website Mindstrong Health
Who is Mindstrong?
Mindstrong is reimagining how to care for people living with serious mental illness (SMI). We’re building a platform that breaks down access barriers, provides engaging clinical care, and empowers our members to take control of their wellbeing to live fuller lives. Behind all of that, we’re building a measurement-based set of tools that will fundamentally change the way those with mental illness manage their health.
As we set out to radically simplify mental healthcare, we know none of us can achieve this alone. We are building a team of diverse and compassionate individuals who are committed to move our mission forward. Within Mindstrong, we create the space for each of us to be our authentic selves. We see opportunity in every challenge; opportunity to learn, to innovate, to create change. We embrace the challenge of providing the best care experience possible for our members. Join us on this important journey!
What is the Head of PayeFALSEr Sales role?
The Head of Payer Sales is a vital position responsible for driving Mindstrong’s top-line revenue by identifying and securing new partnerships across Commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid lines of business. We are looking for a self-starter, with strong interpersonal skills that is a creative problem-solver who can operate effectively in a startup environment. This role will be a mix of prospecting and sourcing new business and direct sales based on deep understanding and experience of the payer market. It will also include identification or growth and new sales by leveraging and developing relationships within the Payer ecosystem, new and existing.
The ideal leader will demonstrate a proven track record for solution selling of technology solutions and building trusted relationships with customer decision makers and partners. You will develop and execute a sales plan, progress and close deals through contracting, and coordinate sales efforts with strategic Payer partners to accelerate Mindstrong’s Growth into new markets and business lines. You are passionate about Mindstrong’s opportunity to make enormous strides in mental health and have an awareness of payer marketplace trends to solidify new relationships.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing all phases of the sales cycle, including business development, lead identification, qualification, scope construction, proposal development, client presentations, contract negotiation, and deal closure
- Developing a current payer market landscape to inform a health multi-year pipeline with some quick opportunities
- Setting required success metrics and outcomes with payers for successful partnership and expansion opportunities
- Coordinating with partnerships and cross functional teams for implementation expectations
- Working alongside product, engineering, data science, and clinical teams to deliver business insights to translate business goals into the right user experience and go-to-market plans
- Contributing to ongoing partnership strategy within Mindstrong, drawing off of partner evolution, market landscape, emerging trends, and new opportunities
- Assisting with complex negotiations to grow existing partnerships and to onboard new partnerships, aimed and driving innovation
Your background and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field OR equivalent experience; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of exceptional sales performance history within the payer market
- Posses relationships at regional and national health plans to help drive early traction in navigating to decision makers within payers
- Understand payer contracting (provider and vendor) and network management operations
- Strong understanding of the landscape of health insurance payers, digital health companies, and health systems
- Timely read on payer’s interest in digital mental health solutions and deal structures
- Solid sales background with a proven record of meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Exceptional communication skills, ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and a trailblazing spirit
- Basic quantitative skills to analyze data and create presentations to tell the story of the data
- Ability to review and analyze complex contracts and familiarity with standard deal structures
- Ability to develop strong, trusting external relationships with payers. Ability to gain confidence and trust of leadership across the organization
- Remote work! While we have offices in the Bay Area and would love to see you in person, we’re a flexible first company – work where you do your best work.
- A robust healthcare package, including Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, plus more!
- Wellness programs designed to help you stay financially, emotionally, and physically healthy!
- Savings through a company sponsored 401k plan
- We take self-care personally, we offer 11 paid holidays + Flexible PTO so you can create balance between work and play
- Flexible schedules – we’re all over the U.S., so we can flex schedules easily with core hours to ensure solid collaboration time and flex beyond that
Mindstrong is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All individuals seeking employment at Mindstrong are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Mindstrong also strives for a safe and robust workplace and prohibits harassment of any kind.
To apply for this job please visit mindstrong.com.