Insurance Operations Specialist (Hourly)August 30, 2021 2021-09-06 10:22
Website Alma Health
At Alma, we’re making it easier for consumers to access high-quality, affordable mental health care by supporting providers in building thriving private practices. We believe that when therapists have better resources, they’re able to provide better care to their clients. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Our consumer experience is designed to empower people in their search for mental health care, offering multiple pathways and individualized support, if and when someone needs it. We’ve raised funding from incredible investors like Insight Partners, Tusk, Primary, Optum Ventures, and First Round and were named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Health in 2020.
Insurance Operations Specialist (Hourly)
Alma is looking for a mission-driven, hard-working team member who is passionate about making mental health more affordable and is excited to work with the Alma Insurance team. The successful candidate will be able to ensure a high level of detail and accuracy, can work quickly and efficiently across multiple systems and browsers, and has great communication skills. The Insurance Operations Specialist role will be part of Alma’s Insurance Operations Team.
What you’ll do:
- Support with provider credentialing
- Check patient eligibility through payer portals and calling insurance payers
- Communicate eligibility to patients and clinical providers
- Post client payments in our billing software, Kareo
- Review electronic claims from insurance payers, and posting payments
Who you are:
- You are organized, detail-oriented, with ability to prioritize work effectively
- You are computer proficient with the ability to type 70+ WPM
- You are comfortable learning and working across multiple software platforms including Google Drive, Kareo, Square, and more
- You have strong communication skills – ability to communicate accurately and effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- You are able to work between the hours of 9am-5:30pm ET
- You may have experience in healthcare insurance eligibility and billing
- You are passionate about mental health and our mission at Alma
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.