Manager – Care Delivery – WestAugust 30, 2021 2021-09-07 14:05
Website Mindstrong Health
Who is Mindstrong Health?
Mindstrong is reimagining how to care for people living with serious mental illness (SMI). We’re building a platform that breaks down access barriers, provides engaging clinical care, and empowers our members to take control of their wellbeing to live fuller lives. Behind all of that, we’re building a measurement-based set of tools that will fundamentally change the way those with mental illness manage their health.
As we set out to radically simplify mental healthcare, we know none of us can achieve this alone. We are building a team of diverse and compassionate individuals who are committed to move our mission forward. Within Mindstrong, we create the space for each of us to be our authentic selves. We see opportunity in every challenge; opportunity to learn, to innovate, to create change. We embrace the challenge of providing the best care experience possible for our members. Join us on this important journey!
What is the Manager – Care Delivery Role?
The Mindstrong Health Services Manager – Care Delivery is primarily responsible for managing and clinically supervising a team of therapists and Team Leads. The Manager – Care Delivery will provide direction and oversight and help foster a culture aligned with Mindstrong’s mission and values. S/he will be responsible for ensuring that team members meet Mindstrong’s expectations of productivity and quality.
We are looking for enthusiastic, highly motivated individuals who demonstrate clinical expertise, leadership abilities, a high level of writing proficiency and comfort with technology. You should have an active clinical license in social work, with supervisory credentials to supervise staff. This is a full-time role with benefits and may require some travel to our office in Mountain View, CA (once Covid-19 is resolved).
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide clinical supervision/oversight and administrative supervision and manage care delivery among a team of therapists and Team Leads including oversight of compliance with care pathway protocols, clinical training, and evaluation.
- Ensure Team Leads are properly supported to provide day to day people management support in working with the assigned therapists team.
- Conduct individual 1:1s meetings, Team Rounds, and monthly Team Meetings.
- Partner with other Clinical Managers to ensure therapists are meeting performance and capacity targets.
- Ensure exceptional delivery of care starting from the intake and continuing throughout the member’s journey at Mindstrong. This includes overseeing the assignment of enrolled patients to clinician panels and supporting therapists in developing comprehensive and clinically relevant care plans, care coordination efforts, identifying appropriate services for members, making referrals to internal and external care team providers and triaging and managing crises.
- Conduct regular audits of therapists for performance metrics and provide feedback as needed.
- Makes decisions in providing resolution to member concerns, including provider change requests as appropriate.
- Work with the Learning and Development Department to support onboarding new therapists and implement people development strategies for established therapists.
- Working collaboratively with Product and Program Managers in a cross-functional format to ensure care delivery is continuously enhanced.
- Contribute to patient safety and QA/QI initiatives.
- Support care coverage during non-business hours and have ownership of the on-call schedule for the assigned therapist’s team.
- Manage a caseload of members completing all clinical tasks as indicated by the therapist’s role.
- Serve as a member of the cross-functional team of providers, working with psychiatrists and other staff to strengthen interdisciplinary team approach to improve the delivery of services.
- Work closely with the Director of Clinical Operations on auditing and QA related to evidence-based program offerings.
Your background and skills:
- Doctoral or Master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, marriage and family therapy, or another relevant field.
- Independent Licensure to practice therapy in good standing with with ability to clinically supervise in any of these states: Arizona, Colorado, California, and Washington.
- Prior experience as a people manager in a multidisciplinary team; preferably in a health care setting.
- 8+ years’ experience working in a clinical setting as a direct care provider.
- Available to work in Pacific Standard time.
- Experience and training and/or certifications in cognitive behavior therapy, behavioral activation, MI/MET in adult SMI population.
- Strong clinical background with in-depth understanding of factors affecting member outcomes and demonstrated ability to build rapport with both team members.
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to pursue multiple priorities simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and professionalism.
- Demonstrated clinical documentation skills.
- Prior experience with digital healthcare and incorporating technology solutions into member care.
- Familiarity with technology solutions including video therapy, mobile apps, cloud-based apps (G Suite).
- A robust healthcare package, including Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, plus more!
- Wellness programs designed to help you stay financially, emotionally, and physically healthy!
- Savings through a company-sponsored 401k plan
- We take self-care personally; we offer 11 paid holidays + Flexible, untracked PTO so you can create a balance between work and play
Mindstrong Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All individuals seeking employment at Mindstrong Health are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Mindstrong Health also strives for a safe and robust workplace and prohibits harassment of any kind.
To apply for this job please visit mindstrong.com.