Industry Lead-Decentralized UtilitiesSeptember 27, 2021 2021-09-28 10:31
Website NGK Spark Plugs U.S.A.
Ignite your Passion
General Manager – Smart Health:
The Venture Lab is the global innovation and collaboration hub of NGK Spark Plugs. We are on a mission to develop innovative business solutions that tackle tomorrow’s challenges. Our team actively seeks opportunities to work with the brightest entrepreneurs and industry leaders to launch new businesses in the areas of smart health, smart mobility, and decentralized utilities. The Venture Lab team is a diverse group of individuals that all share passion, drive, and an open mind towards improving the world and building a better future for all.
The Ideal Candidate:
Are you a visionary leader? Are you a passionate individual who wants to transform the future and develop innovative ideas into tangible business solutions? Then you are the person we are looking for to join our Venture Lab team! We need someone to rally to the right people and resources to incubate business ideas in the area of Smart Health. If you are proactive about generating ideas, can create a clear vision, resourcefully execute the strategy, and guide people through the challenges, you are meant to join our team!
As the in-house expert, you will:
Guide the activities of the Venture Lab in the area of Smart Health from the idea generation phase through business incubation.
Lead the exploration of market needs and opportunities, evaluation of potential solutions, and business model testing.
Develop and execute strategies for revenue generation aligned with internal and external partners.
Collaborate with Venture Labs in Tokyo and Europe as well as other project teams throughout NGK’s global network.
Provide industry expertise to the Ventures Team for evaluating relevant investments and partnerships.
Drive the creation of proposals that contribute toward the revenue targets of NGK’s Business Creation Company (BCC).
- Collaborate with the VP of Venture Lab to develop strategic goals for the department
- Leverage industry expertise to lead Venture Lab team in creating new business opportunities in Smart Health
- Develop and execute outside-in focused ‘0 to 1’ innovation strategy to contribute towards business goals
- Research and investigate leads concerning new business opportunities; based on results make recommendations on the most optimal opportunities
- Analyze technical and market trends in Smart Health and form connections between NGK capabilities and areas of opportunity
- Analytically evaluate multiple alternative approaches to business creation, such as internal development, investment and strategic partnership, M&A, etc., and provide recommendations
- Guide the preparation of business proposals and advocate for them within NGK’s approval framework
- Oversee the incubation of new businesses from conception to handover to aligned business units, with the aim of contributing to BCC’s goals for new revenue generation
- Provide expert support to other Smart Health projects being pursued throughout NGK globally
- Collaborate with Ventures Team to support deal flow and due diligence regarding investment and partnership candidates
- Promote relevant NGK activities within the Smart Health ecosystem of industry, research organizations, and start-up partners/players
- Represent the Venture Lab at industry forums and speaking engagements
- Provide effective leadership and facilitate the professional growth and development necessary of a high functioning team
- Oversee the daily workflow of projects related to Smart Health
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures including IATF16949 and ISO14000 related policies as applicable
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant field required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Smart Health sector (medical devices, healthcare technology), preferably covering a variety of roles with corporations, startups, and investors
- Direct experience in new business creation, either through corporate innovation or a leadership role in a startup
- Deep technical, business, and regulatory knowledge across a range of topics in Smart Health
- Passionate about creating business, particularly in the early (0 to 1) stage
- Proven ability to see situations from both the corporate perspective and the startup perspective, and reconcile the two
- Results driven
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Ability to express own views in a strong yet respectful manner, and advocate for attractive opportunities
- Experience working with culturally and geographically diverse team
- Experience in any of the areas of business model design, UX, monetization strategies, human centered design is preferred
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Proven ability to manage, supervise and delegate tasks to others
- Proven project management, problem solving and planning skills, with a demonstrated record of successfully managing multiple projects with internal and external partners
- Ability to assess business needs, and develop and formulate business strategies and courses of action
- Ability to form consensus and motivate a team to action
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com