Product DesignerAugust 30, 2021 2021-09-02 19:41
Website Alma Health
At Alma, we’re making it easier for consumers to access high-quality, affordable mental health care by supporting providers in building thriving private practices. We believe that when therapists have better resources, they’re able to provide better care to their clients. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Our consumer experience is designed to empower people in their search for mental health care, offering multiple pathways and individualized support, if and when someone needs it. We’ve raised funding from incredible investors like Insight Partners, Tusk, Primary, Optum Ventures, and First Round and were named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Health in 2020.
Alma is seeking a mission-driven Product Designer to join our growing team. You will be focused on building tools and services that help clients find the right mental health provider and help providers grow their practices. The ideal candidate is someone who believes that great design requires collaboration, curiosity, and comfort with complexity.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with a Product Manager and 3-5 engineers to iteratively solve problems
- Lead the design of scalable and innovative user experiences across multiple devices (desktop, mobile, tablet)
- Understand and advocate for user needs by leading research activities (foundational interviews, surveys, and usability tests)
- Share your ideas through sketches, wireframes, mockups, or user journeys
- Gather and incorporate feedback from teammates and stakeholders
- Help grow Product Design as a function by contributing to our design system, establishing processes, and growing the team
Who you are:
- You are a curious, empathetic, and strategic designer. You’re a total pro in UX methodologies.
- You have 2-4 years of experience in product design
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment and making decisions without all of the answers in front of you
- You love user research. You know how to moderate an interview, run a usability test, and synthesize insights
- You believe that a well-designed product means that it’s accessible and usable for all
- You use digital design and prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, Framer, React) to articulate your ideas
- You have a portfolio demonstrating a deep understanding of user needs and your creative problem-solving skills
- You are passionate about Alma’s mission and the future of mental health care
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.