Public Policy Advocate, Blue Zones ProjectAugust 30, 2021 2021-09-02 19:26
Sharecare is the leading digital health company that helps people — no matter where they are in their health journey — unify and manage all their health in one place. Our comprehensive and data-driven virtual health platform is designed to help people, providers, employers, health plans, government organizations, and communities optimize individual and population-wide well-being by driving positive behavior change. Driven by our philosophy that we are all together better, at Sharecare, we are committed to supporting each individual through the lens of their personal health and making high-quality care more accessible and affordable for everyone. To learn more, visit www.sharecare.com.
Brought to Mendocino County with sponsorship by Adventist Health in collaboration with Blue Zones, LLC and Sharecare, Inc., Blue Zones Project is a community-by-community well-being improvement initiative designed to enable community members to live longer, happier lives with lower rates of chronic diseases and a higher quality of life.
Blue Zones Project is rooted in lessons learned from the world’s longest-lived cultures. We translate these lessons into sustainable environmental changes that strengthen social ties, reshape the places where people spend their time, and sharpen policies to support healthy choices.
If you are a policy expert-driven to make a difference; If you enjoy working with people who are passionate about improving the well-being of others; If you have a proven track record leading strong, results-driven teams and enjoy challenging yourself and others to find creative solutions, join us.
Be part of a team that’s bringing innovative leaders together from across the community to lead and ignite a movement to improve well-being on a significant scale — a movement that promises to help your friends, family, and neighbors in Mendocino County live longer, better.
By engaging a critical mass of individuals and organizations to participate — from worksites and schools to restaurants and grocery stores — the small changes contribute to huge benefits: lowered healthcare costs, improved productivity, and ultimately, a higher quality of life. For more information regarding Blue Zones Project please visit https://www.bluezonesproject.com/.
Prospective candidates must reside in or near Mendocino County. This is not a remote position.
The Public Policy Advocate is responsible for the overall effectiveness in generating and accelerating positive changes related to policy work within this community-wide health initiative. The Public Policy Advocate will collaborate with policy partners to establish, implement, and communicate policy priorities and projects. Through a wide range of marketing strategies and face-to-face meetings, this person will work to maximize participation and engagement of organizations with Blue Zones Project. Success is achieved when policies are passed, projects are implemented successfully, and the local businesses adopt the recommended changes to improve well-being.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for getting polices that favor health and well-being passed and implemented.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and collaborate with leaders/advocates (government, schools, non-profits, employers and health care organizations) to move policy initiatives.
- Assist in the development and update of the Community Blueprint for policy initiatives.
- Execute the 4D policy process (discover, design, develop and deploy) with support from national experts and community stakeholders.
- Develop and meet monthly targets to achieve annual Community Blueprint metrics.
- Ensure Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and a focus on health equity in policy initiatives as appropriate to the local community/state.
- Compile organization performance/value measures, outcomes, and community impact stories.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in public health, public administration, social policy or health promotion.
- 3+ years of experience in lobbying, public policy, advocacy, community organizing, and/or planning-related field.
Specific Skills/ Attributes:
- Proven ability to design an advocacy strategy and convene community leaders and volunteers to adopt and implement community policy priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work professionally with internal staff, external leaders such as political leaders, city and county staff and any other organizations.
- Ability to communicate best practices in the areas of built environment, tobacco, alcohol, and food policy and the importance of policy in creating sustainable environmental change.
- Understand local policy-making process as well as local, state and federal jurisdictions as they relate to identified community policy initiatives.
- Knowledge of existing related local, state, and/or federal potential partnerships, policies or projects.
- Understand local, state and/or federal funding mechanisms, cycles and barriers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize meetings and work to meet deadlines.
- Compelling written/oral communication skills as it relates to driving initiatives related to policy within the community
- Excellent computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as Internet search capabilities.
- Comfortable working in a team environment.
- Energetic, charismatic, collaborative
- Energized by the Blue Zones Project mission.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.