Senior Data EngineerSeptember 13, 2021 2022-01-05 11:28
TRIPP is looking for a senior data engineer to take TRIPP’s XR wellness offering to the next level. TRIPP is the creator of an award-winning, science-based XR application that supports our users in managing their mental and emotional well-being: “Inner Fitness”. You will work with our talented team to manage the design, innovation and implementation of a truly next level mobile user experience.
We want passionate technological innovators that find purpose in our mission to support people and help them find greater agency over how they feel over time. Paramount is making a substantial contribution to TRIPP’s unique approach to positively impacting wellness around the world.
With under 10 employees, TRIPP has delivered over 2 million sessions to tens of thousands of paying users around the world, as the category-leading consumer XR wellness service. TRIPP offers competitive pay, benefits, remote-work flexibility and career growth opportunities.
- Develop and support ETL pipelines with robust monitoring and alarming
- Develop data models that are optimized for business understand-ability and usability
- Develop and optimize data tables using best practices for partitioning, compression, parallelization, etc.
- Develop and maintain metadata, data catalog, and documentation for internal business customers
- Help internal business customers troubleshoot and optimize SQL and ETL solutions to solve reporting problems
- Work with internal business customers and partner technical teams to gather and document requirements for data publishing and consumption
- Develop and collaborate with engineers on Machine Learning initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
- 8+ Years of industry experience in Data Engineering, BI Engineer or related field with experience manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
- Ability to write high quality, maintainable, and robust code, often in SQL, Scala and Python.
- 5+ Years of Data Warehouse Experience
- Demonstrated strength in SQL, scripting, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Extensive experience working with cloud services (preferably GCP) with a strong understanding of cloud databases (e.g. BigQuery/Firestore), compute engines, data streaming , storage
- Experience/Exposure using big data technologies
- Experience in Machine Learning
- Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields
- 5+ years of direct experience as a Data Engineer
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect
- Passionate about XR, VR, AR, and the potential of technology for good
- Are interested in meditation, personal-development, and mental wellness
- Have prior experience working in a fast-paced, ever-changing, start-up environment
TRIPP is the award-winning leader in XR wellness, offering research-informed, measurable XR
and mobile experiences designed for mind-body health. TRIPP provides a next level respite
from everyday stress and uniquely addresses mental health and emotional well-being by
guiding users through immersive journeys incorporating sound frequencies, breath visualization
and exercises, captivating visuals, and game play mechanics within VR and AR.
TRIPP is based on foundational neuroscience research and has several clinical studies
underway in categories such as addiction recovery, depression, stress and anxiety. TRIPP has
the largest footprint today in the XR wellness category, offering its service in a device agnostic
manner on the Oculus platform, Sony Playstation VR and Nreal (in collaboration with leading
global telcos). The TRIPP platform is privacy compliant, highly data centric, adaptable and
scalable as both a B2C and B2B service.
TRIPP is based in Los Angeles and backed by leading venture capital firm, Mayfield, as well as
other credible investors.
To apply for this job please visit www.tripp.com.