Senior Engineer, Mobile PlatformAugust 30, 2021 2021-09-01 20:44
Website PEAR THERAPEUTICS
About Pear Therapeutics
Pear Therapeutics is the leader in prescription digital therapeutics. We aim to redefine medicine by discovering, developing, and delivering clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. Pear has a pipeline of products and product candidates across therapeutic areas, including severe psychiatric and neurological conditions. Our first product, reSET®, treats Substance Use Disorder and was the first prescription digital therapeutic to receive marketing authorization from the FDA to treat disease. Pear’s second product, reSET-O®, for the treatment of Opioid Use Disorder, received marketing clearance from the FDA in December 2018. Pear’s third PDT, Somryst®, is the first FDA-authorized prescription digital therapeutic (PDT) for patients with chronic insomnia and the first product submitted through FDA’s traditional 510(k) pathway while simultaneously reviewed through FDA’s Software Precertification Pilot Program.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the platform team, you will play a key role in the design, development, and support of the most impactful patient- and clinician-facing products through building out scalable, resilient, and highly available infrastructure at Pear Therapeutics. You’ll be focused on the Mobile Platform, whose domain encompasses shared React Native UI-centric components (e.g. buttons, swipers, native modules) and common functionality (client gateway, state management, login, feature flagging). You’ll be working with a team of talented platform engineers making the Pear Engineering platform scalable to all of our patients.
As the ideal candidate, you’ll have a vision for the future of our mobile platform and will adapt that vision with the emerging needs of our app teams while taking note of evolving technologies. You will be energized to transform and think critically on product development and many computer science disciplines including components built for reuse, testing, offline behavior, systems and performance scaling, micro-service creation and maintenance, and new technology adoption.
- Produce high quality software that is unit tested, integration tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Operate with best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute on projects spanning multiple integration points with our front-end teams.
- Work on maintaining and enhancing our mobile platform libraries that serve as core for our mobile applications, with consideration for backwards compatibility.
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity.
- Proactively collaborate with app teams, synthesizing specific requirements into a vision for an effective and maintainable mobile platform code base.
- Think through solutions that enable clients and our PDT apps through our mobile platform libraries.
- Deliver value to end users by contributing to multiple layers of the stack.
- 3+ years experience in software design and development.
- 3+ years experience programming experience in an OOP or Functional programming language.
- 3+ years experience with one of the following: React Native, native iOS, or native Android development.
- Experience building and maintaining services that power product goals.
- Experience working across teams and across functions to implement solutions.
- Experience delivering code following best practices including testing, code review, and continuous integration.
- Friendly, collaborative attitude.
- Excitement around learning and operating in unfamiliar parts of the stack.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- Expertise in React Native.
- Strong competencies building mobile client applications, as well as microservices.
- Strong competencies in object oriented design and testing patterns.
- Experience in designing and building infrastructure and web services at the beginning of an architectural shift from monolith to microservices.
- Experience in native iOS or native Android development and the app release process.
- Experience with CI/CD technologies and steps such as GitHub hooks, Bitrise.io, and code signing.
- Experience with data modeling, data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience with AWS offerings like EC2, Kinesis, API Gateway, Elastic Beanstalk, etc.
- Experience developing scalable, high-volume, performant, and reliable user-centric applications that operate 24×7.
- Experience with relational databases (transactional and non-transactional), NoSQL databases, database architecture, and distributed transaction management.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Pear Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, genetic information, qualified physical or mental disability or handicap, medical condition, qualified military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Pear Therapeutics also follows all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absences, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit peartherapeutics.com.