Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, EHR IntegrationsAugust 30, 2021 2021-08-31 18:44
Website PEAR THERAPEUTICS
About Pear Therapeutics
Pear Therapeutics is the leader in prescription digital therapeutics. We aim to redefine medicine by discovering, developing, and delivering clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. Pear has a pipeline of products and product candidates across therapeutic areas, including severe psychiatric and neurological conditions. Our first product, reSET®, treats Substance Use Disorder and was the first prescription digital therapeutic to receive marketing authorization from the FDA to treat disease. Pear’s second product, reSET-O®, for the treatment of Opioid Use Disorder, received marketing clearance from the FDA in December 2018. Pear’s third PDT, Somryst®, is the first FDA-authorized prescription digital therapeutic (PDT) for patients with chronic insomnia and the first product submitted through FDA’s traditional 510(k) pathway while simultaneously reviewed through FDA’s Software Precertification Pilot Program.
As a full stack Senior Software Engineer, you will play a key role in the design, development, and support of the most impactful clinician-facing products through building out scalable, resilient, and highly available software at Pear Therapeutics. You’ll be working with a team of talented engineers on the Provider Experience team and focusing on EHR/EMR integrations and clinician dashboards.
You have been at startups before and are comfortable with ambiguity and change. You can make pragmatic decisions about when to accrue additional tech debt and when to pay it off, and are able to effectively communicate the rationale so that our products grow and scale effectively. You can make technology choices and lead small teams of developers to effectively deliver initiatives. You are empathetic, engaged, and excited.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Owning features you deliver from ideation through post-production maintenance
- Delivering high quality and scalable software that is unit tested, integration tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Collaborating with product management and engineering management to scope initiatives.
- Being an active member of the hiring team.
- Demonstrating clear vision and an ability to make pragmatic design and delivery choices.
- Mentoring, pairing with, and up-leveling other engineers within the Pear organization.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years experience delivering production software.
- Experience with FHIR, HL7, or other approaches to EHR/EMR integrations.
- Comfortable writing in both statically- and dynamically-typed languages, and switching between them.
- Experience delivering code following best practices including testing, code review, and continuous integration.
- Experience working across teams and across functions to implement solutions.
- Friendly, collaborative attitude.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with building and deploying services in cloud based infrastructure like AWS, GCP, Azure, or similar.
- Experience with front-end technologies, including React and/or React Native.
- Experience developing scalable, high-volume, performant, and reliable user-centric applications that operate 24×7.
- Experience with relational databases and distributed transaction management.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Pear Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, genetic information, qualified physical or mental disability or handicap, medical condition, qualified military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Pear Therapeutics also follows all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absences, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit peartherapeutics.com.