Senior Full Stack Software EngineerAugust 30, 2021 2021-08-31 18:28
Website PEAR THERAPEUTICS
About Pear Therapeutics
Pear Therapeutics is the leader in prescription digital therapeutics. We aim to redefine medicine by discovering, developing, and delivering clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. Pear has a pipeline of products and product candidates across therapeutic areas, including severe psychiatric and neurological conditions. Our first product, reSET®, treats Substance Use Disorder and was the first prescription digital therapeutic to receive marketing authorization from the FDA to treat disease. Pear’s second product, reSET-O®, for the treatment of Opioid Use Disorder, received marketing clearance from the FDA in December 2018. Pear’s third PDT, Somryst®, is the first FDA-authorized prescription digital therapeutic (PDT) for patients with chronic insomnia and the first product submitted through FDA’s traditional 510(k) pathway while simultaneously reviewed through FDA’s Software Precertification Pilot Program.
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you are responsible for designing and developing software, including work on our web client (React), mobile apps (React Native), and backend (node.js/TypeScript/nest.js). You have been at startups before and are comfortable with ambiguity and change. You can make pragmatic decisions about when to accrue additional tech debt and when to pay it off, and are able to effectively communicate the rationale so that our products grow and scale effectively. You can make technology choices and lead small teams of developers to effectively deliver initiatives. You are empathetic, engaged, and excited.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Contributing to the entire SDLC, from ideation through post-production maintenance
- Building new products and evolving existing ones
- Being an active member of the hiring team and mentoring other engineers
- Providing technical leadership to influence the future of technology and architecture
- Demonstrating clear vision and an ability to make pragmatic design and delivery choices
- Mentoring, pairing with, and up-leveling other engineers within the Pear organization
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience delivering production software
- Comfortable writing in both statically- and dynamically-typed languages, and switching between them
- Strong testing discipline — you don’t have to practice TDD, but you do not ship untested code
- Broad and deep technical skills ranging from backend services and databases through the UI
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences
- A sense of ownership and a commitment to delivering value to customers — you write code to deliver impact to end users, not to satisfy requirements on a page
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and distributed systems
- Experience building and maintaining REST APIs
- Experience with React and/or React Native
- Experience with Node, TypeScript and/or NestJS
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pear Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, genetic information, qualified physical or mental disability or handicap, medical condition, qualified military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Pear Therapeutics also follows all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absences, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit peartherapeutics.com.