Senior People Business PartnerAugust 30, 2021 2021-08-31 18:25
Website Mindstrong Health
Who is Mindstrong?
Mindstrong is reimagining how to care for people living with serious mental illness (SMI). We’re building a platform that breaks down access barriers, provides engaging clinical care, and empowers our members to take control of their wellbeing to live fuller lives. Behind all of that, we’re building a measurement-based set of tools that will fundamentally change the way those with mental illness manage their health.
As we set out to radically simplify mental healthcare, we know none of us can achieve this alone. We are building a team of diverse and compassionate individuals who are committed to move our mission forward. Within Mindstrong, we create the space for each of us to be our authentic selves. We see opportunity in every challenge; opportunity to learn, to innovate, to create change. We embrace the challenge of providing the best care experience possible for our members. Join us on this important journey!
What is the Senior People Business Partner role?
We are looking for a Senior People Business Partner to join our growing People Team. In this role, you will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in the Mindstrong Health Services (MHS) team. The position formulates partnerships across the People/HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The People Business Partner maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition. The People Business Partner will also perform specialized and administrative duties in designated People/HR functions and will be responsible for providing high-level daily support in the administration of the People programs for MHS.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborates with MHS group leaders to ensure that business strategies appropriately reflect People/HR components; broadly contribute to assigned group(s) business strategies
- Serves as a coach and adviser to group leaders and managers, related to their individual and team development, business decision-making and general leadership practices
- Ensure MHS is in compliance with established policies and procedures; drive manager accountability
- Support organizations culture and drive desired cultural change
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the People Operations team to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Serves as the dedicated employee relations representative for MHS
- Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Provides People/HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Partners with the Recruiting and People Operations teams to contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures and workforce planning
- Helps identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success
- Prepare and maintain special reports as requested by group leadership
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Who you are:
- You feel good about your work knowing that what you do will affect the lives of millions of people around the world
- Entrepreneurial and eager to thrive in a startup environment
- A good person, highly ethical and accepting of others
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new things and take on new challenges
Your background and skills:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the healthcare industry
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to develop business relationships with persons of varying personalities
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong communicator (oral and written)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Remote work! While we have offices in the Bay Area and would love to see you in person, we’re a flexible first company – work where you do your best work.
- A robust healthcare package, including Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, plus more!
- Wellness programs designed to help you stay financially, emotionally, and physically healthy!
- Savings through a company sponsored 401k plan
- We take self-care personally, we offer 11 paid holidays + Flexible PTO so you can create balance between work and play
- Flexible schedules – we’re all over the U.S., so we can flex schedules easily with core hours to ensure solid collaboration time and flex beyond that
To apply for this job please visit mindstrong.com.