Senior Product DesignerAugust 30, 2021 2021-08-31 18:23
Website PEAR THERAPEUTICS
About Pear Therapeutics
Pear Therapeutics is the leader in prescription digital therapeutics or PDTs. Pear aims to redefine medicine by discovering, developing, and delivering clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. Pear has a pipeline of products and product candidates across therapeutic areas, including the first three PDTs with disease treatment claims from the FDA. Pear’s lead product, reSET®, for the treatment of substance use disorder, was the first PDT to receive marketing authorization from the FDA to treat disease. Pear’s second product, reSET-O®, for the treatment of opioid use disorder, was the first PDT to receive Breakthrough Designation. Pear’s third product, Somryst®, for the treatment of chronic insomnia, was the first PDT submitted through FDA’s traditional 510(k) pathway while simultaneously reviewed through FDA’s Software Precertification Pilot Program. For more information, visit Pear at www.peartherapeutics.com.
About the Teams
At Pear, we bring together experts from across the technology and health industries to build the future of medicine. Pear’s cross-functional teams work together to launch new digital medicines, from concept through commercialization. The UX Design team imagines, prototypes, and builds new prescription digital therapeutics. We also use design thinking as a problem-solving skill set to address countless challenges from educating new patients about digital therapeutics to onboarding new patients at busy clinics to supporting patients to stick with our therapy during the inevitably tough moments of personal transformation. Moreover, we are the creative heart of Pear, inspiring our entire organization to bring a creative and scrappy mindset to the everyday challenges of leading a pioneering company. Our team brings together designers from many craft backgrounds, especially research, interaction design, and service / experience design.
About the role
As a Product Designer, you’ll collaborate extensively across our Clinical, Data, Commercial, Regulatory, Engineering, QA, and Support teams to learn about our users, discover unmet needs, and innovate thoughtful solutions.
The ideal candidate thinks about the big picture but notices the tiniest detail. You’re a master of your craft yet learn new things every day. Curious by nature, you enjoy solving problems, you bring other stakeholders along for the ride, you keep your cool under pressure, and have a high emotional intelligence. Your excellent communication skills pale only in comparison to your interaction and systems design chops.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate cross-functionally to turn ideas and hypotheses into desirable, safe, and clinically efficacious products
- Design elegant flows, wireframes, prototypes, and visuals for mobile and web applications
- Conduct insightful user research, from rapid testing of early design ideas to exploratory patient research to clinical studies and commercial pilots
- Facilitate design discussions with a wide variety of stakeholders, identify signals in the noise, and inform how design contributes to product strategy
- Turn feedback into action
- Deliver design specs to our engineering teams and work with them to ensure a high-quality implementation
What you have
Education & Experience
- A degree in design, HCI, related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience designing web and mobile applications
- 3+ years experiences designing service experiences
- Strong work history which demonstrates achievement and excellence in developing and shipping new-to-the-world products
- Work history which demonstrates the ability to design within highly complex, constrained and/or regulated industries
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with an early-stage company, at least once in your career
- Proven ability to collaborate with diverse teams and track multiple streams of information in a dynamic, technical, rapid growth environment
- Not required, but preferred: organizational design experience, particularly in building a creative organizational culture and innovation capabilities within traditional industries
Knowledge & Skills
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles
- A portfolio showcasing your work in research, ideation, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping as a means to convey design solutions
- Demonstrable fluency with current design tools and an eagerness to learn new tools
- Ability to transform business needs into original product and experience insights
- A knack for distilling complex information into potential solutions and presenting to stakeholders in an easy to understand manner
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A low ego and healthy sense of humor
- A strong sense of commitment and dedication to deliver
- Preference for conducting a wide range of up-front problem space explorations rather than jumping to obvious solutions
- Initiative to show progress and keep projects moving regardless of feedback or constraints
- A self-sufficient, self-starter who is hungry to learn new skills and proactively take on new challenges
- Organized and detail-oriented
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pear Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, genetic information, qualified physical or mental disability or handicap, medical condition, qualified military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Pear Therapeutics also follows all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absences, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit peartherapeutics.com.