Senior Product DesignerAugust 30, 2021 2021-08-31 18:07
Website Mindstrong Health
Who is Mindstrong?
Mindstrong is reimagining how to care for people living with serious mental illness (SMI). We’re building a platform that breaks down access barriers, provides engaging clinical care, and empowers our members to take control of their wellbeing to live fuller lives. Behind all of that, we’re building a measurement-based set of tools that will fundamentally change the way those with mental illness manage their health.
As we set out to radically simplify mental healthcare, we know none of us can achieve this alone. We are building a team of diverse and compassionate individuals who are committed to move our mission forward. Within Mindstrong, we create the space for each of us to be our authentic selves. We see opportunity in every challenge; opportunity to learn, to innovate, to create change. We embrace the challenge of providing the best care experience possible for our members. Join us on this important journey!
What is the Senior Product Design role?
Product Designers at Mindstrong are key drivers for both our provider and member experiences. The work you do will help us transform how mental healthcare and serious mental illness is managed and treated. You’ll help us create new care experiences that have the potential to help millions of people around the world get better care and live their lives to the fullest.
This role requires a deep understanding of the complex workflows of our in-house clinical team, seeking out honest feedback and questioning assumptions as you iterate and refine your designs. You’ll deliver a world-class web application to help the care team take advantage of novel insights, build a close partnership with their members, and deliver the best care possible.
This role also requires deep empathy for our members and the challenges they face, and tying the provider experience to the Mindstrong mobile apps our members use. Lastly, you will work closely with fellow designers, user researchers, product managers, clinical researchers, and engineers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partnering with our clinical team to create innovative solutions to increase their ability to deliver the best care possible.
- Conceptualizing design solutions that address the many real-world challenges our members face.
- Creating high-fidelity mock-ups, flows, prototypes, for desktop and web applications with a focus on simplicity, intuitiveness, efficiency, and information balance.
- Presenting designs to key stakeholders, including product managers, engineers, and executive staff.
- Iterating and refining your designs with input from teammates.
- Conducting user research, usability testing, and evaluating member feedback in tandem with user research and product management.
- Working shoulder-to-shoulder with your engineering colleagues to deliver specs, explain interactions and flows, and ensure the highest quality finished result.
Who you are:
- An exceptionally talented and creative generalist with 4 or more years of product design experience.
- A simplifier and systems thinker, who is able to break down complex workflows into intuitive user experiences.
- An expert with your toolset and always happy to share your best practices and latest discoveries with the team.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and happy to take on terrifically complex problems.
- Constantly thinking about the user. You’re genuine in wanting to apply your design abilities to improve people’s lives.
- Someone obsessed with the fundamentals of design. You consider typography, color, and visual balance as core to creating compelling digital experiences.
- A teammate. While you can work independently, you recognize the importance of seeking out input from your colleagues and providing constructive input to them.
- A good person, highly ethical and accepting of others.
Your background and skills:
- 4+ years work experience designing consumer product experiences. 2+ years experience designing complex user productivity workflows.
- Strong grasp on web UI frameworks and familiarity with Android and iOS design principles
- Highly skilled in Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Framer, InVision, or other design tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Interaction, Communication or equivalent experience in a related field
- Experience in the healthtech space, particularly with mental health is a plus
- Remote work! While we have offices in the Bay Area and would love to see you in person, we’re a flexible first company – work where you do your best work.
- A robust healthcare package, including Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, plus more!
- Wellness programs designed to help you stay financially, emotionally, and physically healthy!
- Savings through a company sponsored 401k plan
- We take self care personally, we offer 11 paid holidays + Flexible, untracked PTO so you can create balance between work and play
- Flexible schedules – we’re all over the U.S., so we can flex schedules easily with core hours to ensure solid collaboration time and flex beyond that
To apply for this job please visit mindstrong.com.