Senior Product Development EngineerAugust 30, 2021 2021-08-31 16:57
Paradromics is looking for a Product Development Engineer to contribute to the hardware development of
key components of our neural implant system. This work will include the design of implantable medical
devices, hermetic electronics packages, cranioplasty implants and surgical instrumentation. Coordination
with internal and external resources will be required to manufacture prototypes and eventually transfer
designs to manufacturing. Close coordination with other engineers in the team will be essential, therefore
excellent communication and interpersonal skills are crucial to accel in this role. If you like big challenges,
working at the frontier of human technology, and have worked high-performance hardware in the past, we
would like to hear from you.
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Eng., Biomedical Eng., or related field.
Required Skills & Experience
• Minimum of 4 years related work experience
• In-depth understanding of 3D mechanical design and Solidworks
• In-depth understanding of biocompatible materials
• Experience designing medical devices with implantable electronics (DBS, LVAT, IPG, spinal cord
• Experience designing in a highly regulated quality control environment (ISO 13485 or FDA QSR)
• Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
• Very strong analytical and debugging skills
• Ability to produce well-written technical reports and documentation
• Willingness to work in a fast-paced organization with shifting responsibilities.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment with a diverse group of people
• Organization and ability to attain results on several projects simultaneously
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Experience with GD&T and dimensional metrology.
• Experience with medical leads and connectors (i.e., Bal Seal®)
• Experience with Titanium alloys, noble metals, and/or Alumina
• Experience with sterile packaging and sterilization methods
• Experience designing surgical techniques with validation via cadaveric lab experience
• Experience with overmolding or insert molding
• Experience in electronics assembly technologies such as soldering, wire-bonding, flip chip bonding,
• Experience working with 3rd parties for manufacturing and testing services.
• Familiarity with common software programs (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and GSuite
To apply for this job please visit www.paradromics.com.