Senior Software Engineer – Data EngineeringAugust 30, 2021 2021-08-31 18:34
Website Mindstrong Health
Who is Mindstrong?
Mindstrong is reimagining how to care for people living with serious mental illness (SMI). We’re building a platform that breaks down access barriers, provides engaging clinical care, and empowers our members to take control of their wellbeing to live fuller lives. Behind all of that, we’re building a measurement-based set of tools that will fundamentally change the way those with mental illness manage their health.
As we set out to radically simplify mental healthcare, we know none of us can achieve this alone. We are building a team of diverse and compassionate individuals who are committed to move our mission forward. Within Mindstrong, we create the space for each of us to be our authentic selves. We see opportunity in every challenge; opportunity to learn, to innovate, to create change. We embrace the challenge of providing the best care experience possible for our members. Join us on this important journey!
What is the Senior Software Engineer – Data Engineering Role?
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Software Engineer – Data Engineering to help lead our data engineering efforts.
What you’ll be doing:
- Architect and implement scalable solutions to ingest data from a variety of sources and prepare it for use by our machine learning and analytics applications.
- Make architectural and technology decisions to support data infrastructure requirements
- Work closely with our Data Science and Data Analytics teams using/providing data from the data warehouse
Who you are:
- You feel good about your work knowing that what you do will affect the lives of millions of people around the world
- Entrepreneurial and eager to thrive in a startup environment
- Strong communicator (oral and written)
- A good person, highly ethical and accepting of others
Your background and skills:
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience in Data Engineering working with large scale data driven systems.
- Proficient in Python
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL)
- Experience designing and deploying high performance data processing systems with reliable data validation, monitoring and logging practices
- Experience in database design and development and familiarity and/or working experience designing Data Warehouses
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and detail oriented
- Experience in ad-hoc data analysis, solution design, reporting & dashboard development
- Experience building data platforms from scratch for data consumption across a variety of use cases (e.g. reporting, data visualization, data science, ML etc.) desirable
- Experience in healthcare data
- Working experience in cloud infrastructure like AWS and its services
- Experience with Airflow data pipeline framework
- Experience with Data Lake technologies like Delta and Databricks
- Experience and working knowledge with Big Data frameworks like Spark, AWS Athena is a plus
- A robust healthcare package, including Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, plus more!
- Wellness programs designed to help you stay financially, emotionally, and physically healthy!
- Savings through a company sponsored 401k plan
- We take self care personally, we offer 11 paid holidays + Flexible, untracked PTO so you can create balance between work and play
- Flexible schedules – we’re all over the U.S., so we can flex schedules easily with core hours to ensure solid collaboration time and flex beyond that
To apply for this job please visit mindstrong.com.