Senior Software EngineerAugust 30, 2021 2021-08-31 18:09
Website Akili Interactive Labs
Akili is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is eager to help our team develop an innovative type of digital medicine that combines the scientific rigor and validation of the medical device industry with entertaining and fun video game mechanics. Our novel interactive medicine can be deployed to patients anywhere and provides rich telemetry and data output to the patients’ doctors. As a Senior Game Systems Engineer on our team, you will be a creative problem solver who enjoys working with game development teams, helping enable their success through implementing tooling, build pipeline, and gameplay features. We are looking for engineers who are enthusiastic about the game development process, want to remove bottlenecks and build software to revolutionize the way we create awesome experiences that help patients in an exciting new way.
- Help our game developers build without constraints — drive the technology choices that enable a world-class user experience
- Solve challenging problems — sometimes not well defined — by writing a lot of elegant and practical code
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain core technology, including tools and engine components
- Identify pipeline bottlenecks and opportunities for automation
- Be a champion for our users: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and well-designed tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent) experience
- 6+ years of professional software engineering experience working on multidisciplinary teams
- 3+ years in a Game Systems Engineering role working on cross-platform products
- Strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures
- Systems engineering chops within and outside the scope of game code – C#, Jenkins scripting, Gradle, Objective-C, Swift, Java, C++
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers
It’s great if you also have
- Unity game engine development experience
- Experience in middleware, audio, animation, asset management, world building or physics components
- Experience developing in large code bases
At Akili Interactive, our mission is to ignite new hope for those living with cognitive impairment. We’re bringing together world-class neuroscience with the latest technology and video game entertainment to create a new class of digital medicines, delivered through captivating video game experiences. We are out to prove that effective medicine for serious illnesses can also be fun and engaging.
Our flagship product, EndeavorRx, is the first ever FDA-cleared prescription treatment delivered through a video game to treat children living with ADHD. This is only the beginning, as we continue to boldly challenge the status quo of today’s medicine.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are incredibly important to all of us. We are committed to hearing all voices. Akili Interactive provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
To apply for this job please visit www.akiliinteractive.com.