Senior User Experience ResearcherAugust 30, 2021 2021-08-31 16:52
Website PEAR THERAPEUTICS
Pear Therapeutics is the leader in prescription digital therapeutics or PDTs. Pear aims to redefine medicine by discovering, developing, and delivering clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. Pear has a pipeline of products and product candidates across therapeutic areas, including the first three PDTs with disease treatment claims from the FDA. Pear’s lead product, reSET®, for the treatment of substance use disorder, was the first PDT to receive marketing authorization from FDA to treat disease. Pear’s second product, reSET-O®, for the treatment of opioid use disorder, was the first PDT to receive Breakthrough Designation. Pear’s third product, Somryst ®, for the treatment of chronic insomnia, was the first PDT submitted through FDA’s traditional 510(k) pathway while simultaneously reviewed through FDA’s Software Precertification Pilot Program. For more information, visit Pear at www.peartherapeutics.com.
About the Team
Pear’s Product Development team is passionate about crafting effective and engaging products that positively impact patient lives. We’re a close-knit, diverse, and inquisitive group that is constantly leveraging research and data to drive strategy and to optimize the process of creating human-centered experiences in a regulated space.
About the Role
As a User Experience Researcher, you’ll collaborate extensively across our Product, Clinical, Commercial, Design, Data, Engineering, Regulatory, and Support teams to generate insights, discover unmet needs, and communicate actionable recommendations that influence decision making across our portfolio.
The ideal candidate cares deeply about user journeys and can leverage a wide range of methods to explore and understand behaviors and motivations, from exploratory and observational research to interviews, literature reviews, surveys, usability testing, clinical studies, and more. Curious by nature, you enjoy pulling all the threads together to weave a compelling narrative. You keep your cool under pressure and have a high emotional intelligence. Your excellent communication skills pale only in comparison to your detail-oriented and organized approach to research.
- Coordinate research strategies with cross-functional teams to develop a comprehensive understanding of user behaviors and needs
- Conduct/leverage a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative user research methods, such as (but not limited to!) ethnographic/field research, interviews, diary studies, literature reviews, surveys, usability testing, clinical studies, focus groups, panels, and more
- Organize and synthesize data from multiple feedback streams and present timely, compelling insights to stakeholders with actionable recommendations to drive continuous product improvements and innovation
- Provide appropriate data to support regulatory requirements for design and development of software as a medical device (SaMD); support summative usability/human factors testing
- Evangelize user-centered thinking and research best practices to reinforce a culture of informed, data-driven, and empathetic decision-making
- Innovate and scale user research practices to maximize strategic and tactical decisions across the organization, from concept through post-launch
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Human Factors, Anthropology, Design, public health, applied social science research, or other related fields or equivalent practical experience. The ideal candidate will have a masters or doctorate degree in applied research.
- 5+ years experience conducting user research to drive web and mobile product improvements. Bonus: Experience conducting research in an FDA-regulated SaMD space
- Demonstrated experience with a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods. You know the pros and cons of each and when to apply them during the product development process
- Strong knowledge of survey design, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts
- Proven ability to plan complex research projects involving multiple cross-functional teams
- Ability to transform findings into actionable insights for teams across the business to use to drive decision making
- Initiative to show progress and keep projects moving regardless of feedback or constraints
- An insatiable curiosity about how people use products
- A knack for transforming data into compelling narratives. Bonus: Excellent information design chops
- A self-sufficient, self-starter personality hungry to learn new skills and proactively take on new challenges in a complex, fast-paced environment
- A high level of comfort with ambiguity
- A low ego and healthy sense of humor
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pear Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, genetic information, qualified physical or mental disability or handicap, medical condition, qualified military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Pear Therapeutics also follows all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absences, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit peartherapeutics.com.