Software Engineer, Payment IntegrityAugust 30, 2021 2021-08-30 19:40
The volume, variety, and complexity of healthcare transactions has created a “perfect storm” for FWA. As the FWA problem in the U.S. grows, it increasingly endangers patients and their access to care.
Sharecare is working with Special Investigations Units for major U.S. payers who believe fraud alone in their organizations accounts for 10% of their total healthcare claims transaction volume. These units are currently recovering less than 2% of their fraud, leaving billions of dollars in losses.
The rules-based, retrospective, analytic systems currently used have proven insufficient in combating FWA. This need creates a tremendous opportunity. The market is searching for the Artificial Intelligence (AI) approach provided by Sharecare. The combination of the maturity of AI technologies and increasing FWA makes this the perfect time for Sharecare.
- Own development of Python APIs underlying Payment Integrity web applications
- Implement functional solutions based on acceptance criteria and defined application architecture
- Build, validate, and debug solutions using best-practices approaches
- Reuse modular interface components and existing structures
- Exhibit a passion for clean, well-tested code
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience with web applications and API development
- 2+ years of experience with Python
- Understanding of OO principles and SDLC
- Familiarity with basic operations in Linux
- Knowledge and experience working in the cloud (specifically using AWS)
- Experience with version control (git), databases (PostgreSQL), unit testing frameworks (pytest), Kubernetes, Docker, and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with OAuth 2.0
- Experience and/or knowledge of healthcare claims or FHIR standards is a big plus
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.