Sr. Director, Field Medical AffairsAugust 30, 2021 2021-08-30 19:39
Website PEAR THERAPEUTICS
About Pear Therapeutics:
Pear Therapeutics is the leader in prescription digital therapeutics. We aim to redefine medicine by discovering, developing, and delivering clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. Pear has a pipeline of products and product candidates across therapeutic areas, including severe psychiatric and neurological conditions. Our first product, reSET®, treats Substance Use Disorder and was the first prescription digital therapeutic to receive marketing authorization from the FDA to treat disease. Pear’s second product, reSET-O®, for the treatment of Opioid Use Disorder, received marketing clearance from the FDA in December 2018. Pear’s third PDT, Somryst®, is the first FDA-authorized prescription digital therapeutic (PDT) for patients with chronic insomnia and the first product submitted through FDA’s traditional 510(k) pathway while simultaneously reviewed through FDA’s Software Precertification Pilot Program.
The Sr. Director, Field Medical Affairs will have overall responsibility for the leadership, development, and evolution of the field medical affairs/medical science liaison (MSL) team(s). The incumbent will have responsibility for the development of the field medical component of the overall medical plan and will ensure compliant execution of the plan. Reporting to the VP, Medical Affairs, the Sr. Director, Field Medical Affairs will also serve a leadership role within the medical organization (i.e. medical affairs leadership team) and work to establish and maintain both the external and internal credibility and reputation of the field medical group(s).
Further, the Sr. Director, Field Medical Affairs will work closely both within the medical affairs group and across the Pear organization to establish opportunities and execute educational initiatives and scientific exchange with leaders in the medical and academic community, payers, and healthcare providers for products across the Pear portfolio.
This position will have a strong outward facing presence, potentially inclusive of managing a small territory and/or leveraging skills in engaging with payers in addition to leadership responsibilities. Further, this position will also contribute to and support Pear Therapeutics’ research and development efforts to create high value therapeutics to address unmet medical needs, principally through the feedback provision from the field, Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and, indirectly, from end-users on experience and ideas for the evolution of the products within the portfolio.
Select Key Responsibilities:
- Lead, develop, inspire and evolve the Field Medical Affairs (MSL) function nationally at Pear across the product portfolio
- Develop and lead Field Medical Affairs strategy and execution
- Ensure that the field medical team is working in a compliant fashion consistent with the policies, procedures and SOPs of the Pear organization
- Ensure the field team is fully educated on products within the Pear portfolio, both through the evolution of the onboarding training, and development and implementation of a structured continuous learning program
- Lead team in defining optimal partnership opportunities across key partner functions within the Pear organizations, inclusive of commercial, payor, and development
- Understand organizational goals, and work both across the medical team and other key functions within the Pear organization to ensure alignment and contribution of the field medical affairs component
- Support the development of Pear Therapeutics’ reputation as a science-based and patient focused reliable partner
- Provide focused support in conjunction with the head of HEOR to key payer organizations, including both private and Government (e.g., Medicaid)
- Oversee the development of a targeted scientific KOL list across the portfolio, and ensure MSL team is aligned and focused on those priority KOLs/clinics/payers
- Capture, analyze, and report “voice of customer” feedback, insights, and competitive/scientific intelligence from the field
- Track and provide quantitative and qualitative data from MSL activities aligned with goal execution (i.e., “Key performance indicators”)
- Work with internal medical affairs on the arrangement and execution of scientific advisory boards
- Lead execution of the MSL presence at key medical conferences, including booth staffing, KOL meetings, and concise conference reports
- Advanced degree (MD, PharmD, PhD) required
- 7+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical or a related industry, with experience in Medical Affairs, with at least 5 years prior MSL leadership experience, preferably both first line as well as indirect (ie “managing managers”) leadership experience
- Experience in psychiatry and/or neurology highly preferred
- Experience in payer engagement and a good working knowledge of Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) highly preferred
- In depth knowledge of U.S. regulatory process and compliance requirements
- Highly skilled in the delivery of scientific/medical information across multiple delivery platforms
- Proven ability to manage & develop multiple personnel with diverse functional responsibilities
- Strong consulting skills, including the capability to quickly identify and develop improvement opportunities and build the trust and confidence of the team
- Excellent interpersonal and partnering skills in order to facilitate the building of relationships quickly
- Must be a proven leader with strong management skills and a polished, executive presence
- Experience in product planning and development involving publication strategies, product monographs, and clinical/scientific materials
- Must be available to travel up to 50% of the time
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Pear Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, genetic information, qualified physical or mental disability or handicap, medical condition, qualified military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Pear Therapeutics also follows all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absences, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit peartherapeutics.com.