Sr. Director of Compliance & PrivacyAugust 30, 2021 2021-08-30 19:17
Website Akili Interactive Labs
The Sr. Director of Compliance & Privacy will lead the continued implementation and operation of Akili’s compliance and privacy programs and serve as a partner to functional stakeholders on business processes and other matters related to compliance and privacy.
- Develop annual Compliance and Privacy plans based on the Compliance functional strategy, outlining projects and initiatives to implement, evaluate, and enhance the Compliance program
- Manage the Compliance plan toward achieving milestones and program objectives, by coordinating within Legal/Compliance and with other business functions
- Serve as a partner to business stakeholders in answering program level questions to support business goals
- Develop, refine and/or implement compliance policies, procedures and guidance, as needed
- Create and/or oversee the design, development and implementation of compliance training initiatives leveraging both live presentations and web-based training modules
- Develop and execute an annual risk assessment to identify risks associated with business activities across the organization; coordinate with key stakeholders to determine and assign corrective / risk mitigating actions
- Develop and oversee the execution of the Company’s Transparency Program to comply with state and/or federal obligations regarding reporting
- Develop and oversee an annual compliance monitoring and auditing plan
- Develop a communications plan that appropriately engages internal and external stakeholders and assist with preparing communications that are needed to execute the Compliance work plan
- Assist with preparing and delivering reports, status updates and other meeting materials to Akili leadership, including the Compliance Committee, and the Board of Directors
- Develop strong working relationships across the organization and foster a corporate culture that values and understands its compliance obligations and responsibilities
- Manage an annual spend budget to support Compliance program operations and the annual work plan
- Lead the Data Privacy Program by coordinating within Legal/Compliance to align Compliance program objectives and initiatives, and responding to and triaging questions and requests appropriately
- Develop and manage privacy notice and consent templates used across various functions
- Oversee the Akili Data Privacy Champion Network and execution of key privacy-related processes, such as recording Data Processing Activities, conducting Privacy Impact Assessments, and responding to Data Subject Access Requests
- J.D. from an accredited law school is required
- 10+ years of experience in pharmaceutical, medical device and/or biotech compliance; previous compliance leadership preferred
- Knowledge of various U.S. and worldwide data privacy laws; prior experience helping develop in-house privacy program a plus
- Demonstrates strong business ethics and integrity
- Knowledge of and ability to explain the required elements of effective Compliance programs; experience with AdvaMed code and other relevant standards
- Strong project and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and create operational efficiencies
- Able to work independently and know when to appropriately escalate an issue for resolution
- Demonstrates high level of professionalism and executive presence
- Experience in handling confidential and sensitive situations and information with ability to exercise a high degree of judgment and discretion
- Ability to understand and operationalize regulatory guidance and legal advice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Track record of solving problems and desire to work in a collegial, team-based environment
- Shows leadership skills, including building and managing teams, and leading change efforts through effective communication and persuasion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google products; experience with Veeva and OneTrust desired
At Akili Interactive, our mission is to ignite new hope for those living with cognitive impairment. We’re bringing together world-class neuroscience with the latest technology and video game entertainment to create a new class of digital medicines, delivered through captivating video game experiences. We are out to prove that effective medicine for serious illnesses can also be fun and engaging.
Our flagship product, EndeavorRx, is the first ever FDA-cleared prescription treatment delivered through a video game to treat children living with ADHD. This is only the beginning, as we continue to boldly challenge the status quo of today’s medicine.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are incredibly important to all of us. We are committed to hearing all voices. Akili Interactive provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
To apply for this job please visit www.akiliinteractive.com.