Senior Data ScientistAugust 30, 2021 2021-09-02 19:51
Website PEAR THERAPEUTICS
About Pear Therapeutics
Pear Therapeutics is the leader in prescription digital therapeutics. We aim to redefine medicine by discovering, developing, and delivering clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. Pear has a pipeline of products and product candidates across therapeutic areas, including severe psychiatric and neurological conditions. Our first product, reSET®, treats Substance Use Disorder and was the first prescription digital therapeutic to receive marketing authorization from the FDA to treat disease. Pear’s second product, reSET-O®, for the treatment of Opioid Use Disorder, received marketing clearance from the FDA in December 2018. Pear’s third PDT, Somryst®, is the first FDA-authorized prescription digital therapeutic (PDT) for patients with chronic insomnia and the first product submitted through FDA’s traditional 510(k) pathway while simultaneously reviewed through FDA’s Software Precertification Pilot Program. For more information, visit us at www.peartherapeutics.com.
About the position
PEAR’s Data Science team empowers key product and business stakeholders with data, predictions and insights that guide the company’s essential decision-making. PEAR’s FDA-cleared therapeutics are digital applications, and therefore we have access to an unprecedented amount of rich usage data that affords many unique opportunities to drive clinical outcomes in populations with high unmet medical needs. We are looking for a data scientist with a deep product intuition, and who is curious about patient engagement in mental health treatments across indications such as substance use disorder, opioid use disorder, insomnia, and others. The ideal candidate is passionate about making a mark in the uncharted waters of digital therapeutics and can rapidly integrate new ideas across clinical, product, user behavioral, scientific and analytical domains.
- Analyze large and small datasets that include app activity, clinical assessment data, patient/support network engagement, and clinical data streams in order to drive product development
- Execute quantitative analyses and translate findings into actionable insights
- Be responsible for defining, developing and optimizing curated datasets and schemas
- Partner with key cross-functional stakeholders across the organization to understand their workflow, define data-oriented goals when appropriate, and provide data updates
- Develop executive-grade reports, dashboards, and metrics to inform business insights
- Perform ad-hoc analyses, and data extractions
- Conduct data mining and predictive analytics to provide actionable insights at tactical and strategic levels related to product experience
- Synthesize and present quantitative & qualitative results to teams across the organization
- Have opportunities to coauthor publications in collaboration with our clinical team
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or another quantitative field
- 5+ years applied or quantitative research experience, with project scoping, analytics, and communication of findings
- Experience using analytical insights to inform product and design decisions in a mobile application is strongly preferred
- Confidence when presenting results of complex analyses to both technical and non-technical audiences at an executive level
- Prior experience in a mixed scientific, clinical and product environment is strongly preferred
- Experience with SQL, Python, R, and/or similar data science technical skills
- Experience with statistical modeling (hypothesis testing, causal modeling), data mining, and machine learning
- BI/Visualization tools (Sisense, Tableau, etc)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate and influence effectively across various departments and help evangelizing data-driven decision making
- Excellent strategic, organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Experience with medical/clinical products a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pear Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, genetic information, qualified physical or mental disability or handicap, medical condition, qualified military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Pear Therapeutics also follows all applicable national, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absences, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit peartherapeutics.com.