Collaborative CapacityAugust 17, 2022 2022-08-18 6:57
If you talk about remote work or blockchain eventually, you’ll need to talk about collaboration.
Remote work demands tools to support collaboration at a distance. The pandemic showed us that we need better systems. People are trying new things and getting better at old one. Think metaverse, Microsoft mesh, Slack stacks etc.
Blockchain based DAOs are tools to support transparent collaboration. The future has shown us that we need ways to support trust, and blockchain’s transparency is a good start. The DAOs are just getting started and will evolve at light speed over the next decade into new forms of governance and hopefully new mechanisms for collaboration.
However, tools for collaboration cannot “fix” people unwilling or unable to collaborate.
Tools for collaboration and the inner and interpersonal growth and development work to become a collaborative person are not the same thing.
The “win” is to combine:
- Technology Tools that support remote work
- Technology Tools that support transparency and trust
- Personal Development:
- Growth work that reduces the inner shadows that drive most office friction
- Leadership work that teaches leaders to lead from trust vs. fear
- Communication work that teaches people how to have healthy conflict
While it is true that technology that makes working together easy and transparent can facilitate collaboration – relying on technology alone will result in a system that has frictions and resentments that build over time, slowing the system.
The win is to combine collaborative systems with collaborative people.
The teams and missions that do both will outpace any organization that uses only one.
What have you done to expand your collaborative capacity?
P.S.S. Here’s the rest of the series:
- Overview: Deep Human – Warm Up
- Build while Being
- My Core Premise
- Growth Triangle
- The Choice
- The Growth 🔼 – The Metaverse — a Growth Triangle for Billions?
- Design Principles – The Metaverse as Human Potential Tech
- The Stack
- My Origin Story — And Why We Need Human Embodiment AND Technology
- The Metaverse (and the Future of Human Intelligence)
- A New Oath to Take? Defining Modern Neurorights
- Blockchain for Transformation?
Because of the details and variables (the yin and yang of whole people co-creating whole systems) you’ve pointed out, we’ve been in RDE (research, design, development, and embodiment) for years on spirit-motivated sociotechnologies.
Looking forward to connecting up someday on these topics.
When you do things right, it takes time. Our collective wellbeing transformation is just getting started, and DAO seems like the right path. I like your choice. Please let me know if I can contribute anything from my Blockchain experience.