Governments and ConsciousnessFebruary 16, 2023 2023-02-16 14:55
Governments and Consciousness
Governments and Consciousness
I recently attended the World Government Summit, an annual event in Dubai, United Arab Emirates that convenes government and technology leaders for a global dialogue on governmental processes, policies, innovation, and other relevant topics.
The event underscored to me the significance of human intelligence, collaboration, and well-being for the governments, nations, and network states of the future. I believe that all these entities must work to create abundance, harmony, and peaceful co-existence among themselves and with nature. From Estonia to Pakistan, and Jordan toe Germany, I met deeply thoughtful officials recognizing the importance of both mental health and mindset – and the connection between the two. A popular question was – what would a world that works for everyone look like?
To achieve this vision, we need tools that expand our capacity for collaboration. That’s why I participated in the WGS Forum on the Future of Collaboration to discuss DAOs, blockchain, and network states.
Organized and hosted by reState Foundation, the forum commenced with a dialogue between Vitalik Buterin, founder of Ethereum, and Sadhguru, founder and head of the Isha Foundation. They explored the natural intersection between consciousness and technology. Vitalik Buterin raised the challenge of combining the continuity of community with individual freedom, while Sadhguru described human consciousness as the highest form of supercomputers. He argued that we use our being without understanding the technology that we ourselves are.
After Vitalik and Sadhguru, I moderated a panel on Digital Decentralized Governance. The panelists were Dr. iur. Abir Haddad, Legal Futurist and founder of the Institute for Legal Transformation, Mark Beer, OBE, a strategic advisor, executive, lawyer, futurist, and pilot; and H.E. Gabriel Abed, the Ambassador of Barbados to the UAE and founder of the first Caribbean blockchain company.
We discussed legal frameworks, governments, digital nomads, and of course, technology. One example of a successful collaborative project integrated with blockchain technology is a research endeavor initiated by Dr. Haddad at the Institute for Legal Transformation. They developed a system modeled on the decentralized governance lifestyle of the nomadic Bedouins of the desert. The Bedouin DAO drew inspiration from Dr. Haddad’s time living with desert Bedouins, a nomadic indigenous group with much to teach about decentralized governance over long distances.
Governance solutions are essential, but they cannot “fix” people unwilling or unable to collaborate.
This is where wellbeing tech can assist the future of governance. We need to build technology that promotes inner and interpersonal growth and development, encouraging people to become collaborative and work together towards a better future. To this end, reState Foundation, is developing consciousness training for government officials.
P.S. Here’s the rest of the series:
- The 5 Human Essentials in the Age of AI
- Witnessing and Other Proof-of-Human Things in the Era of GenAI
- ChatGPT and the Human Soul
- Wellbeing and Generative AI
- The Extended Mind and Transformative Tech: Why it matters
- Gratitude and Longevity?
- Love and Tech, Tech and Love
- The New Science of Emotion and Transformative Tech: Why it matters
- Experiences as validated Mental Health Treatments?
- Evolution Favors Fitness, Not Reality 😯
- Augmented Imagination
- Human Syncing and Group Flow
- Humanizing the Singularity
- Six Takeaways From My Day-to-day Work
- Overview: Deep Human – Warm Up
- Build while Being
- My Core Premise
- Growth Triangle
- The Choice
- The Growth 🔼 – The Metaverse — a Growth Triangle for Billions?
- Design Principles – The Metaverse as Human Potential Tech
- The Stack
- My Origin Story — And Why We Need Human Embodiment AND Technology
- The Metaverse (and the Future of Human Intelligence)
- A New Oath to Take? Defining Modern Neurorights
- Blockchain for Transformation?
- Collaborative Capacity
- How are Paradigm Shifts a Growth Tool?